Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, is the host of my favorite cooking show on TV and the creator of some of the best recipes I’ve ever made. From her roasted chicken to these delicious and simple roasted root veggies, you cannot go wrong and I promise even the newest cook in the house can master them. Pair the vegetables with any main dish and you have yourself a meal. Enjoy!
Ina Garten’s Oven-Roasted Vegetables
From: Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics, Ina Garten, 2008
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 1 small fennel bulb, top removed
- 1/2 lb small potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2-3 small carrots, halved
- 2 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Cut the fennel bulb into 6 wedges each, cutting through the core to keep the wedges intact. Place on a sheet pan. Cut the potatoes and carrots in half length-wise and place them on the pan with the fennel.
2. Drizzle the olive oil on the vegetables, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with your hands.
3. Roast the vegetables for 35-45 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
4. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and roast for another minute or two until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve hot.